I am thankful that the cousins were all comfortable enough with one another that they bickered and argued but to be honest, it annoyed me to no end. I try my best to not instruct or correct my niece and nephew, as we only see each other once a year, twice if we're lucky. But it's tough to stand by and let things happen as well. I guess that's the part of family life that will have to be figured out as the years go by.
Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures from this trip, well, there was one picture almost right at the beginning, when they were all very happy to see one another.
We had a lovely time at the aquarium. It was a fun trip all around truth be told. We went to numerous museums and outings even got some shopping in. I have a couple of new projects and a couple of things to help with old projects. I really need to work on that "completion" thing before I buy new stuff. But I just couldn't help myself as my BelleMere was generous enough to set me up with supplies for two smocking projects, which I've been saying that I've wanted to start doing again and so here I am with two projects for this summer.
So here are some things I learned about traveling with a five year old...
1. 6 dollars is a small price to pay for guaranteed TV entertainment on a plane.
2. Having snacks on hand is ALWAYS a good idea.
3. Just because it's a bagel and cream cheese, doesn't mean that it will get eaten
4. An Ipod Touch is a blessing when young children and late dinner times are involved.
5. It's always best to make quick purchase decisions when shopping with three children