I've been reading One Thousand Gifts lately and it's about a list of a thousand things that the author loves and how the making of the list has taught her about Jesus. She's a wordsmith, so it's an enjoyable read that cannot be rushed. I'm looking forward to sharing a review of it with you one day soon. But it reminds me of my Thankful Thursdays and how there is something quite beautiful about pausing once a week to give thanks for the things in my life.
1. I am thankful that my husband is a pastor and shepherds our family with strength and creativity.
2. I am thankful for friends that are willing to try things out with me, like starting book clubs.
3. I am thankful that my daughter is rarely sick and that she loves to have me around when she is.
4. I am thankful that the sun shines brighter in the winter. It isn't around as long but it's happy to be there when it is.
5. I am thankful for warm drinks.
6. I am thankful for insulated cups that cost a fraction of what I was willing to pay.
7. I am thankful for the tooth fairy and little girls who are smart enough to figure out who the tooth fairy is.