Saturday, March 19, 2011
Veg Bad Challenge
Who out there is willing to join me in The Veg Bad Challenge? Here are the guidelines:
1. Commit to increasing the amount of vegetables that you are currently eating over the next 90 days. (Hey if you aren't eating any, then one will be a increase, right?)
2. Invite your family to join in with you, because it's more fun with company and you won't be able to torture yourself with an infinite amount of beet salad and other unusual dishes while your family gets away with calling french fries and ketchup a veg.
3. Once a week, post a veg recipe that you've made that your family enjoyed. Vegetables need to be the main ingredient, so no tofu or bean recipes please. Though I must say vegetables covered in other things like cheese is totally acceptable. Feel free to share the dishes that you served along side the successful veg dish.
4. If you are met with heart ache over every veg dish you serve in a week, post the one that was met with the most complaining and warn the rest of us never to serve it.
5. Grab a button for your blog with this code
That's simple enough right? Here's a great recipe to get you started
Spinach and Strawberry Salad
1 bag baby spinach
1 pint strawberries hulled and sliced
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon minced onion
2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1/4 teaspoon Worchestire sauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
If you have a blog, add your recipe to the collection by clicking "add your link" below or just leave it in the comments each week!