Study Questions for Week 1:
- What does it mean for you to consider it great joy when trials happen?
- What does joy mean for you?
- Can you think of a trial that you've gone through that now brings you great joy?
- What does it mean to persevere?
- Can you think of an area in your life that you could persevere?
- What is the loudest voice telling you to stop moving forward?
- Is it a voice you trust or one of fear? If it's one of fear, what can you do to quiet it?
- What is wisdom?
- What does Psalm 111:10 define as wisdom?
- For further study, do a word search on the wisdom and compare what the scriptures have to say about it. (You can use Biblegateway.com or the YouVersion Bible App)
- Do you have faith that God will grant you the wisdom you need to navigate whatever is happening in your life today? If you are doubting, check out Jeremiah 29:11-14
- How do you define temptation and trial?
- Even though temptation is not from God, it's not a sin to be tempted. Even Jesus dealt with temptation (see Matthew chapter 4), he just didn't give in to it. In what ways can we turn temptation into trials?
- In the podcast, Tina said that trials see what you are and temptation sees what you would prefer to be. Do you find that to be true? Can you think of times that God has shown you who you really are using trials? Have you given in to temptation to see that you turned away from your true desires?
- Challenge for the week: Verse 17 tells us that every good and perfect gift is from above. This week, make a list of the good and perfect gifts that you've received throughout your life, as well as today specifically. Be on the lookout for God's gifts.
Leave your comments below or join the discussion on Facebook and Instagram #BibleStudywithTina
Want to subscribe so you don't miss a single episode? Use this feed in your podcast app of choice