Study Question for week 5:
- We all stumble in many ways. Have you ever let the fear of failure stop you from doing something that you're called to?
- Is there something in your life right now that you need to take more seriously? Teachers are judged more harshly but we're all called to be good stewards of our time and gifts. Are you using your gifts to the best of your ability?
- Horses are led by a bit but it doesn't mean that they won't reject a harsh master. Are you allowing some small event, emotion, or slight to direct the course of your life? Can you get back on course by giving the reigns over to God?
- The tongue is something that can easily set fire to a situation. Has your tongue ever got you in trouble? Have you ever used your words to purposely hurt someone that you love? It can be difficult to mend those broken relationships but it is possible. Even if that mending is one sided. If you can, forgive yourself and then work on forgiveness in your heart towards that person. Set your intention to speak words of life.
- James asks if a fig tree can bear olives or a grapevine bear figs. We know that this cannot be. What is directing your tongue? And not just your tongue but your social media interactions. Are you a source of life or one that is seeking only to serve your own ego?
- Weekly Challenge: Take some time to look at the bitter areas of your life. And the set them before God. If you are able, give your entire heart to Jesus to allow it to be reborn, overflowing with love and blessings.
Leave your comments below or join the discussion on Facebook and Instagram #BibleStudywithTina
Having trouble getting the podcast to play? You can access it directly through this link. Or send me an email to get a copy of the manuscript.
Want to subscribe so you don't miss a single episode? Use this feed in your podcast app of choice