We look at judgement and boasting this week.
Study Questions for Week 8:
- In verse 11, James tells us not to slander one another. Do you struggle with gossip? What is one change you can make to your day that help reduce your access to gossip?
- When you are tempted to judge is it to tear the person down or to help lift them up? What does judgment to lift someone up look like? Take some time and think about how you can use your knowledge of someone to help them.
- Do you like making plans? Are you one of those people that enjoy organizing and getting things ready for tomorrow? How can you invite God into those plans?
- Are you a worrier? Do you worry about what tomorrow will hold? What steps can you take to give that worry back to God?
- Verse 17 says if we know what to do and don't do it, then it's sin. What's something that you've been putting off doing for awhile? What can you do today to stop procrastinating?
- Weekly Challenge: Take some time and write down your desires for your future. As many of them as you can think of. Then take that piece of paper and burn it. As your plans turn to ash dedicate your future to God, ask him to bring his desires into those ashes and make them whole.
Leave your comments below or join the discussion on Facebook and Instagram #BibleStudywithTina
Having trouble getting the podcast to play? You can access it directly through this link. Or send me an email to get a copy of the manuscript.
Want to subscribe so you don't miss a single episode? Use this feed in your podcast app of choice