Welcome to week two of six on the book of Galatians!
Study Questions Week 2
- Have you ever thought that the time for something to happen has passed? Take some time to look up some stories of those that have waited a long time for something in scripture (Abraham and Sarah's baby, David's time between being anointed as king and serving in that role, the prophets)
- What mistakes did they make?
- What did they get right?
- What can we learn from their waiting and apply it to our own lives?
- God shows no favoritism. Do you ever feel like you are the forgotten child? The one that is left out and overlooked?
- Spend some time this week in a quiet space and pray this breath prayer
- Breathe in "Abba"
- Breathe out "I belong to you"
- Contemplate how God loves you and wants the best for you. If you have the time and desire, memorize the scripture from Jeremiah 29:12-14
- Paul is very familiar with the law as a Pharisee, part of his job was to make sure that others were obeying it. Jesus says that he did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it (Matthew 5:17). What do you think Jesus means by this?
- Do you have a friend that's willing to confront you when you go off course? Set up a time with them and ask them to answer this question about you "What areas in my life do you see that I need to work on with Jesus?" If you don't have a friend like this then think of someone that ou trust and ask them if they would be willing to help you out with this question.
- Challenge for the week: Take some time to explore an area of your life where you
have become more reliant on rules or traditions than on Jesus who lives in you.
Ask God what you can do to move away from that slavery and into His freedom.
Leave your comments below or join the discussion on Facebook and Instagram #BibleStudywithTina
Having trouble getting the podcast to play? You can access it directly through this link. Or send me an email to get a copy of the manuscript.
Want to subscribe so you don't miss a single episode? Use this feed in your podcast app of choice